Sunday, August 8, 2010

ROASTED PEPPER TENDERLOIN ...p50

Katie's recipe does for pork what Bob's recipe did a few months back for fish - pops it to the #1 favorite spot in our household.  If you're looking for a tender, tasty company dish, try serving this tenderloin with some mashed potatoes or rice, along with a baguette for sopping up the sauce.  The meat was so tender, it was hard to keep fingers away from tasting the entire roast away before serving. 
I began with a pork loin roast (I'm sorry, I couldn't find any unseasoned pork tenderloins at our local grocery store!), also forgot to buy jars of roasted bell peppers, but since I had lots of red peppers in the fridge, I roasted them myself.  Easy to do - pop them in a very hot oven (400-450°) on lowest rack for about 20-30 min. allowing the entire pepper to blister, turning as the bottom chars.  Then drop them into a ziplock bag, seal and allow the steam to loosen the skin.  When cooled (approx. 10-15 min.), peel the skin off, scrape out the seeds, and voila!  roasted peppers.  

If you by some miracle have leftovers, the pork would be delicious shredded in fajitas or burritos.

And hey, I'm sorry I didn't snap a picture of this yummy roast, but it'll happen next time.  Just like next time I'll have the authentic critic's opinion - right now, you'll have to just trust my sidekick THE VEGGIE LADY!

Till the next time,  enjoy this youtube.

Hardy Appetit!

ROASTED PEPPER TENDERLOIN

The Veggie Lady says Yum!
2 pork tenderloins
salt & pepper
2-3 jars of roasted bell peppers (chopped, usually not rinsed)
1 large sour cream
1 small sour cream
2 pkg. ranch dressing seasoning



Brown tenderloins on both sides after seasoning with salt & pepper to hold in flavor.  Mix ranch seasoning in 2 cups of warm water and pour along with peppers over tenderloins.
Cover and cook on low for 3-4 1/2 hours.  Remove tenderloins.  Mix sour cream with juice and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment