Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Drop Dumplings ...p86

I love it when the critic loves her very own recipe without knowing it's hers.  It means that I'm cooking like my mama and that's a good thing because usually I have trouble making dumplings.  Just not my forté.


























 These dumplings, however, were simple to make and remained moist during the devouring of the first helping into the second.  In fact, I served them up for lunch the next day and they were still quite good - not pasty and gooey like some I've made.

If one of the things you dislike about baking pies, dumplings, and the likes, is the task of lifting the dough off your flour-strewn counter, invest in a Silpat.  It's a silicone, non-stick baking mat...safe to use in high oven temps (though I've never used it in the oven);  I use it as a non-stick mat.  It's wonderful! 




Hardy Appetit!

DROP DUMPLINGS

2 cups flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup milk

Mix together.  Dump onto floured board.  Pat and cut with biscuit cutter or small glass.  Drop in favorite stew.






No comments:

Post a Comment