Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hawaiian Hash ...p44

For the life of me I can't figure out why this hash is Hawaiian.  Maybe I've been eating too many Fiery Hawaiian Pizzas from Domino's....but to me, pineapple and ham means Hawaiian and both are missing here.  Regardless, it's a change from the ketchup-drowned, potato-beef hash of my youth - to the hash of my husband's youth....it's his mama's recipe.  This could easily stuff a cabbage leaf if you desired; my inclination was to pop the leftovers into the freezer for just that very future....hey, thinking like that comes from raising eight hungry young'uns.  While the dish prompted an "it's ok" from the critic, my youngest son loved it, proclaiming it "crumbled up meatloaf" to his delight.



Hardy Appetit! 

HELEN HARDY'S HAWAIIAN HASH
 It's Ok, not a favorite!

2 chopped onions
2 chopped green peppers
1 lb. ground beef
2 cups canned tomatoes
1/2 cup raw rice
1 small can mushrooms
1 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
garlic
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce


Cook onions and peppers until transparent.  Cook ground beef; add tomatoes, rice & seasonings.  Put in large casserole dish and bake at 375° for 45 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment