Sunday, July 25, 2010

Orange-Cauliflower Salad ...p32

I nicknamed this the OC Salad on my shopping list and wondered whatever happened to the program the OC.  Has it dropped off the map like the entire state of California is always threatened to do at some point?   

This colorful, citrus salad bursts with flavor and, while I hesitated to put "milk" on salad, I soon realized it was no different from Ranch, Creamy Caesar, and any milk-based dressing, thus I did as I was told.  Not only will this salad add fruit and greens to your meal, it will round out the visual appeal as well. 

And thanks, Debbie, for adding this to our book.  It would be wonderful to share more recipes from Aunt Lynn and "Punk" Tad....

Hardy Appetit!

ORANGE-CAULIFLOWER SALAD

2-11 oz. cans mandarin oranges
2 cups cauliflower
4 cups torn fresh spinach (or any type of lettuce)

Orange Blossom Dressing:
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed, undiluted


Arrange spinach on a salad plate.  Add fresh cauliflower and oranges.  Pour Orange Blossom Dressing over top.

No comments:

Post a Comment