Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Triple Chocolate Kahlua Cake ...p94

Oh.my.delicious.  While looking for a cake not too sweet - perhaps minus frosting - for my husband's birthday, I came across this Kahlua sweetened winner made beautiful - minus the frosting - by its bundt pan form.  All I can say is, "WOW!" and the critic adds, "YUM!"

Other proclamations:

"Probably one of the best chocolate cakes ever!"

"Another piece, please!"

"How about a third?"

It needed no adorning, good thing considering I forgot to take a picture; but I did drizzle on top of the slices a chocolate wine sauce that I picked up at Francis Ford Coppola Winery in Santa Rosa, California.  Superb!  The little $10 bottle is well worth it - a little goes a long way and is exquisite served atop ice cream.

If you love chocolate, you'll love this cake!  Sorry no pictures!

Hardy Appetit!

TRIPLE CHOCOLATE KAHLUA CAKE

Mmmmmmmm
4 eggs
1 pint sour cream
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup Kahlua
1 Betty Crocker Double Fudge Chocolate Cake mix WITH PUDDING
1 bag miniature chocolate chips

Mix the cake mix, eggs, sour cream, oil and Kahlua.  Mix 4 minutes.  Add chips.  Pour in bundt pan (sprayed heavily with Baker's Joy or Pam with Flour).  Bake at 350° for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment