Monday, February 14, 2011

Yorkshire Pudding ...p87

Admittedly, I had no clue what to expect in making Yorkshire Pudding.  I wondered why the name if the middle wasn't soft and pudding-like, and why it would accompany a beef roast.  When finished cooking, I was surprised by their appearance - they were puffed out and glossy looking - not at all pudding-like.  It was at this point I should have served them, because allowing them to cool, allowed them to deflate,

making them less esthetically appealing.  I also could have browned them a little longer in the oven.  I served them with the dinner, but according to food.com, Yorkshire Pudding is traditionally served prior to the meal, laden with the beef gravy, to diminish the appetite for gorging on the more expensive meat.

Hmmm....I could have used this when my boys were young!  Evidently, the leftover "biscuits" can be served with syrup for dessert.  I'm ashamed to say, I threw the rest of mine away....and ate lots of beef.

The critic says they're "okay."

Hardy Appetit!

YORKSHIRE PUDDING

It's okay.
1 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
2 eggs



Beat all ingredients together.  Spray muffin tins with Pam.  Add mixture and bake at 375° for 20 min.  Serve with roast beef and gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment