Monday, February 8, 2010

Italian Chicken Over Rice ...p54

So Superbowl Sunday brings out the cool Brees with a Saints amazing win over the Colts.  Whodat Nation uprising!!!  A crazy day dashed my ambition to prepare some snacks, and without a crowd coming over, I said, "ok, who cares?" Well, the family did - unfortunately, the day before they snacked on my chips for Kimber's 7-layer dip, hence that recipe was eliminated from our Superbowl line-up. 

While the first two quarters raged on, I prepared the Italian Chicken, Healthy Potato Skins and Pecan Tassies....all finished appropriately for a half-time dinner.  I was a little frazzled, but not nearly as much as the Colts!



Back to Italian Chicken over Rice....what can I say?  I love chestnuts.  I love chicken.  and I love anything Italian. Try it, you will too.  I did have to guess at the quantities, as the ingredient list was either left off the recipe or intended for one or hundred :-)

Hardy Appetit!


 
ITALIAN CHICKEN OVER RICE

In a deep skillet, saute boneless chicken breasts (cut into chunks) in butter.  Remove and set aside.
Saute chopped onions, celery, and bell pepper
Pour whole tomatoes and tomato sauce over this
Add s&p, red pepper, and Italian seasonings to taste
Add water chestnuts  
Add chicken to pot, simmer.


Serve over white rice.


 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Woops, this is either the way the recipe was originally written or this is the first of many mistakes this cookbook may possibly contain! Be wise and use your best judgment and remember - sometimes you just gotta wing it!!!! Lisa

    ReplyDelete