Saturday, February 6, 2010

Pork Chops & Sauerkraut ...p48

Well, I was suspect the critic would enjoy this meal and surely she did.  A simple, yet satisfying, meal - very easy to prepare, just 3 main ingredients!  All the years I've made this, I've never added water to the pan as the recipe calls for, and I'm not quite sure it's needed - seemed like a lot of liquid to me.  I also never added the brown sugar before which was a very nice touch. 



Great around Ocktoberfest and if you like sauerkraut, you'll love this!

Hardy Appetit!


PORK CHOPS & SAUERKRAUT

6 pork chops
2 T vegetable oil
1 large jar sauerkraut
2 T brown sugar (optional)
10 potatoes, cut in half

In a skillet, heat oil, then brown pork chops on both sides.  Do not cook all the way through.  Remove from pan.  Pour sauerkraut and one cup water into skillet, stirring to mix in the pork drippings.  Pour combination into a 9" x 12" baking dish, sticking potato halves into sauerkraut.  Cover with pork chops.  Cover with foil and bake at 350 deg. for 1 hr. 

No comments:

Post a Comment